Thursday, February 08, 2007

90+

It's time to go and visit my mom again. I was there last October so it's time again. I've heard plane prices go down in the night so I got up at 3:30 AM last night and booked a flight way less than it was during the day! I'm going March 7. So I have a month to get ready. Mother and I had a really nice visit on the phone last night. There was a tea for all the ladies over 90! I wonder how many 90+ women there are! A teenage girl came to my mom's apartment to get her and walked beside her electric wheelchair down the hall to the lounge. All the tables were decorated and everyone looked so nice. The girl sat with my mom at a round table where two other ladies and girls sat. They visited and shared with each other about their families and home life and school and dreams, etc. I hope all the other ladies enjoyed this time as much as my mom did! It was a lovely time.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Anita...remember when you said you wished you could visit with your Dad....I wish I could visit with my Mum...have a wonderful visit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita...I will be going to see Mom next Tuesday. I will take the train up and then fly home. Mom wanted to know why I was taking the train. Well, I am a big train buff. I would go round trip on the train but Vel would have to drive to L.A. to pick me up late at night. The L.A. freeways are a nightmare day and night anymore. So, I will compromise and fly home so she will not have to go so far. I can take the train from Corona which is 20 miles to Los Angeles to catch the Coast Starlight but the return trip train does not arrive till late at night and there are no trains going to Corona after 6pm. Once in awhile Anita you have to do something just for yourself. So, I am going to do it. I love trains.

Anonymous said...

How lovely that tea sounds. I wonder if it was a girl scout or church project? I am glad Grandma had a good time.