Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Journal

     I'm home from a week in Colorado. I went for my mother's 97th birthday. It was a great week. I'll try to tell about it here. 
     I stayed with my brother and sister-in-law, Bill and Vel in their beautiful home. Neither one of them are well so I didn't want to be a burden on them. I found a shuttle to take me from the Denver airport to the town where they live! It was perfect and didn't cost too much! I asked Bill if he could take me to the nursing home about 7:45 each morning and pick me after 5:00 each afternoon. He was glad too. 
     This was so great. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner with my mom every day! We had our own little table in a separate room from all the other residents. It was like eating in a restaurant! We were waited on like we were special! 
     I should add here that this is the best nursing home I've ever been in! It's so clean and odor free, loving and friendly, I can't say enough good about it! 
         My mom went ahead with her daily schedule of exercising, Bible study, resting, etc. and I either read a book or worked on my lap top computer while she was busy. They have wireless internet so I was able to get on line most of the time, when I wanted to. We, my mom and I, were just happy being in the same place all day for almost a week. It was so hard to say good-bye but the time ended. 
     Sunday morning my older brother, Richard, came down to get me so we ate breakfast with Mother and then left to go north to his town.
     Heavenly Father, I love You. Thank You for the good week I just had with Mother! Thank You for Mother! Thank You for her good health and her sharp mind. Please be with her, keep her well, safe  and close to You. I love her so much and You love her even more.

No comments: