Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Wonder Why

     You know how it is...sometimes things happen and you just can't figure why it happened the way it did! That happened to me on my way home from Colorado.
     Here's the story:
     I wanted to take the shuttle from Greeley to the Denver International airport so before I left home, March 14, I got on line to schedule it. A message popped up saying, for some reason the site was down and to please try again later. Well, later became the day before I left for home, March 21. Too late, shuttles were all filled. Oh...that's too bad, Richard would have to drive me down to the airport. My plane was to depart at 6:00 AM so we'd have to leave at 4:00 AM.
     We set our clocks for 3:15 AM and were in the car at 4:00 sharp! There wasn't hardly any traffic so we made good time. We were almost there. I was helping watch the signs so we'd make the right turns. Suddenly a sign for United showed an arrow going right. We didn't see it soon enough and couldn't suddenly go right! There should have been a sign back farther telling us to merge right! So we missed the turn and had to keep going. We wanted to turn around somewhere but it's all one way so, of course, we couldn't. Another car a head of us was apparently having the same problem! We lost a lot of time here in our frustration. Finally we made our way back and then took the turn to the right. Checking my clock I thought I was still fine as far as my schedule went. 
     Richard and I said our good-byes and he went on his way back home. I prayed he wouldn't fall asleep driving. It was now about 5:00 AM.
     I had printed my ticket out the evening before and I only had carry-on luggage so I only needed to go through security. At 5:00 AM it couldn't be that bad... Oh, yes, it was! The lines were soooo long! It seemed to take forever to get through there.
     I finally took the train to F gates, of course going down two flights and then back up two flights! My gate was very close, thank goodness.
     I could see my plane out the window and it was time to depart. I hurried to the lady who looked at me a little perturbed and said, "I think you're too late." I told her I had hurried as fast as I could. She made a phone call to the pilot and said, "Anita -- is here now." She looked back at me and said, "I'm sorry, you're too late. They can't open the door now."
     The woman did some checking and got me on a plane to Chicago at 9:00 AM. I must have gotten the last seat available because it was the middle seat in the last row. (I hate sitting between two strangers.) I even had to check my carry-on bag through because there wasn't any more room in the overhead bins.
     Well, thank goodness Denver airport has wi fi so I was able to get on-line while I sat waiting for three hours for my plane to depart.  On the flight to Chicago I sat between two men, neither of whom, said one word to me! One read a book and the other had ear phones on. 
     On my original schedule I had a four hour layover in Chicago on my way home. Now I barely made my flight! But it was the same flight as was on my original schedule. So I arrived at home at the same time Jerry was expecting me. 
     He was there waiting for me and I was waiting for him! Home sweet home!
     Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are the Creator. You created the skies I flew through to visit my mom and others and You created the skies I flew through to go back home. I don't understand the glitches I had to go through but... Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

hopeinbrazil said...

Yes, Anita, sometimes when things get out of our control, our only assurance is that things are never out of HIS control.