Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday March 16, 1914

Happy Birthday, Mother! You are a young 97! I'm so excited to be here with you. You are so beautiful, inside and outside! You've been a wonderful mother to me. Oh, I know you've made a few mistakes, but haven't we all... You have shown me, my entire life, how to live a life pleasing to the Lord. Life for you, was not easy when I was a child, Dad was traveling a lot leaving the four of us children in your care, but if you were ever discouraged spiritually, I didn't know it. Money was scarce but you were so innovative, you raised chickens and rabbits for meat, you sewed all the clothes for Lorraine and me and yourself. There's so much I could write here but I'm going to stop and just say, "I love you, Mother." 
Lord, thank You for my mother. When You made her You made a masterpiece! You've been with her as her Personal Saviour for 70 years! Please be with her now in her later years. Please watch over her, keep her healthy and safe. Thank You for giving me this week to be with her. I love her so much and You love her even more!
Remember: you can click on the picture to bring it up close.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a special lady. I love hearing about her. Tell her happy birthday from Sue. She certainly looks young.