Monday, May 31, 2010

Tea Party

When Ted and Sydney and Bella came yesterday the first thing Bella said to me was, "Grandma, may we have a tea party, please?" How can I say no to that?

The girls got all dressed up and made up! Sydney is putting make-up on Elmise!

Haleigh is putting make-up on Bella.

Both girls put make-up on me! They insisted! Elmise and Bella brushed my hair.


Here are my girls all dressed up and made up. It was Elmise's first tea party!



We're sitting around the dining room table with a lace table clothe. Each one got to choose which Bone China cup and saucer she wanted. We had Blueberry tea and Apple Cinnamon tea, little cakes and orange slices. It's a very special time for all of us.
We talked about Memorial Day and what it means. I told them about our relative who died in WWI on the very day the war ended. They were very sad about that. Then I read a story to them about a wagon train and Indians. It's a good story with a lesson at the end for any one who reads it.
Heavenly Father, thank You for my granddaughters. They are lovely. Thank You for the privelege of having tea parties with them and for them. I love them and You love them even more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures, mom!!! they had such a nice time... elmise loves to get dressed up! thanks for having another tea party...maybe if i put a suit on armon he could do the serving next time.... maybe not :)