Friday, May 14, 2010

Journal

This has been a few days since coming home from a wonderful trip mainly to see my mother, but also to see my daughter, brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephew, great nephews, great nieces, and friends!

Since I've been home I've gone through some medical tests, but with no results yet, and I still have two more to go through. I'm basically a very healthy person, with longevity in my genes. Even a healthy person can have a few glitches along the way...that's where I am today.

The weather has been so chilly and rainy I haven't done any work outside. I must weed my flower beds today. It's a little overwhelming. Today is predicted to be a nice sunny day.

This week I've experienced a miracle. It's humbling to feel a part of God's work. At the same time I let some folks down so my feelings of Ecstasy were short lived as I realize how human I am. I want to blame my business, or my medical tests, or the miles between us, or my age, etc., for the reason that I let them down, but it really comes down to my carelessness.

The newsletter I write is due to come out tomorrow...I'm not finished. It's close but having been gone for a week in the middle of supposedly working on it hasn't helped me any. Somehow I'll get it done today and sent out and printed...

It's been so good to be home with Jerry. He was waiting for me late Tuesday night. He's my love, my companion, my helpmate, my cheerleader, my supporter, and so much more.

Heavenly Father, how I praise You. You understand me. You love me. When I fail You lift me up. You take my failings and make good from them some how. Oh, You amaze me. I love You and I praise You. You lift me up from my discouragement. You give me strength when I fall. I love You.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Anita,
I know how you feel. I have messed up big time in my life many times and the Lord was there to lift me up again. Isn't it wonderful to have His love and renewed mind. It is amazing to me how He heals and restores us. Know you are loved and counted as precious by me too.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I get frustrated with my finite-ness. :)

We care for you just the way you are.

Unknown said...

Glad you are home safe. Checked Pam's suggestions and think I can do that. Your mom lookedso comfy in the shawl.