Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pam and Grandma

When Pam and I were in Colorado she was croqueting a baby afghan for a fellow worker. She worked on it constantly, no matter where we were. Here we were in the nursing home our first day visiting Mother. After this first visit Pam worked on the baby afghan every time we were there...or so thought Grandma! We all kept track of how much progress she was making.
Mother had a small blanket, folded double, across her shoulders. She's always cold. It was given to her for Christmas and hadn't been washed yet because she always needed it. Pam, with her quick mind got an idea...

Here's Pam working on her project at Bill's house.

Our last day Pam gave this shawl to Mother to wear across her shoulders. Mother was so surprised...she thought Pam was working on the baby afghan. They were both the same blue! Now Mother's shoulder blanket can be washed and mother will still be warm. What a nice, loving gift you made and gave to her, Pam.
Lord, thank You for Mother and for Pam. Thank You for warmth and comfort. Thank You for talented daughters! Thank You for giving Pam the idea to make this afghan and helping her to finish it before we left.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely thing for Pam to do. I'm wondering if she would share her pattern. I would like to try one of those to give as gifts too. Let me know if you have a pattern.
Love, Sue

pondering something said...

Thanks Mom - that was very sweet of you to post.
No pattern Sue. I just chained until I felt it was long enough - I think 225 and then double crochet across until it was wide enough (and I was running out of time). I attached the white at a corner and did a simple shell all the way around for 3 rows. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pam, you are a sweety!!!
I love your giving heart. -Sue