Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sleeping

I woke up before sunrise this morning. I came out to the loft and sat in my lounge chair in the window. In the darkness I noticed something light at the back of our yard, just in front of a path leading to our neighbors behind us. What was it? It looked like a huge boulder, but we didn't have anything there, just grass. Daylight began to dawn and I kept staring at whatever was in our yard. I knew neither Jerry nor I had put anything in the yard there. As it got lighter out I could see it was a light tan color. There was no movement so I was very puzzled. I kept watching, trying to figure out what it was that was lying in our yard. Suddenly it moved very slightly...just enough to tell me it was an animal. Then it moved again and stood up! A beautiful deer. He had been sleeping in our yard!!! By now it was daylight and he walked off into the woods. The clock said 6:30. I laid down and took a nap!

I praise You, Father, because You are the Creator. Thank You for letting me see this beautiful deer.

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

How gorgeous! I have never heard of a deer sleeping in a yard. They must have known they were among friends. :)