Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Special Table for Special Friends

Last evening we had company for dinner. We had invited our neighbors from behind us because they're moving Saturday. We're very sad to lose them. They're wonderful neighbors and friends. I prepared one of our favorite dinners: Country fried steak baked in the oven in gravy with potatoes, carrots, and onions; corn; tossed salad; biscuits; and pecan pie. I set the table with my mother's best set of English China. This is only the second time I've used this China. (Click on the picture to see it up close.) My dad bought it for my mom on one of his trips to Canada back in the very early 50's. When they downsized to move into assisted living they gave it to me. I love it and treasure it. Our neighbor's felt honored when I told them about the dishes. We had a wonderful evening with them. You can see my mother's Singer sewing machine in the background.
Thank You, Lord, for Larry and Patricia. Thank You for our privelege of knowing them. Please help them in this big move they're making.

2 comments:

Kate said...

It looks like it might be the petite point pattern...my gran had a tea set like and we have the same blck singer sewing machine...I love and feel honored to have these keepsakes...don't you.

Cowgirl said...

so sad there moving but new neighbors yeah