Sunday, February 28, 2010

Journal

Tuesday of this week my throat began to feel scratchy. Wednesday I knew: I was getting sick. Friday I called the doctor and got in! I didn't get to see my own doctor but I needed to get on some good medicine to get over this. I'm coughing really bad. So now it's Sunday morning and I'm still sick. Hopefully by the time the medicine is gone I'll be better.

Friday night I was awake all night! I mean all night! I was wide awake! I prayed. I thought thoughts. I watched TV. I twisted and turned. I prayed. Some time between 6:00 and 6:30 AM I fell asleep and slept until a little after 8:00 AM! I'm assuming it was the medicine the doctor prescribed that kept me awake. I'm taking it now in the mornings. Last night I slept pretty good!


Our neighbors are gone. The moving van came yesterday, Saturday. Then after cleaning through the house they left. They gave the last of their refrigerator food to us: 10 eggs, lunch meat & cheese slices, etc. Jerry put their last trash in our trash can so it wouldn't be left for the new people to deal with. So many last minute details to take care of. I felt so bad I couldn't help them out any. I could have helped her clean or fixed lunch for them, but I was too sick. I'm so glad we had them over for supper on Monday evening before I got sick! I watched from my chair in the loft as they drove out for the last time...they sat in the driveway for a few minutes, probably saying their last goodbye. They had lived there for about 20 years! I'm really going to miss them.

Last night, still sitting in my chair in the loft, I saw headlights come in the driveway to the house behind us! I think it was probably the new people! They are a young couple and probably so excited! I haven't met them yet. An hour and a half or two hours later I saw them drive back out. I wonder when they'll be moving in...

Well, my question is answered! Our new neighbors are moving in as I write this!

I think I'd better stop writing now and rest.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are our Healer. Please touch my body. Please help Jerry not to get sick. He's been taking very good care of me. Please be with our old neighbors and our new neighbors. Help them to see Christ in me.





4 comments:

Amy said...

I hope you feel better soon. Nights sure can be long when you can't sleep.

Unknown said...

Praying for your recovery and that your new neighbors will be a blessing to you and you to them. Sending hugs for healing.((HUGS)) Love you, Sue

ruth said...

Hope you get feeling better soon Anita. My throat is scratchy today too...hope it won't develop into something more. I'm sure you're neighbors will love moving into their new place, and finding out what great neighbors they have!
Love,
Ruth

carole said...

Glad you are getting better... I know you will be a blessing to your new neighbors and hopefully they will be great too....Love reading your blog. Carole