Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year's Eve Party 09

Haleigh, Sydney, Bella & I had our 2nd annual New Year's Eve party! From 8 - 10 we watched a movie. Then the party started. First we roasted marshmallows in the wood burning stove in the living room.

They were delicious! Sydney, Bella, & Haleigh.

Then we moved to the sun room where we had snacks and brown cows (root beer floats). We just talked together and told stories. (We didn't get rowdy this year...like last year!) Haleigh with her brown cow.

Sydney with her brown cow.

Things wound down about 11:30 and all three girls went to sleep! I woke them up at 11:57 so they'd be awake to watch the ball drop in New York City! We all wished each other a happy new year and then went to bed! Good Night!
Heavenly Father, once again I praise You because You are All Knowing. Please guide these precious granddaughters as they grow into adolescence and then adulthood.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Brown cows--yum!

pondering something said...

Sounds like a really fun party and a good way to end the year

Unknown said...

I also love Brown Cows... the drink. Some people don't know what they are missing. I love your new header picture. Is that in your backyard and do you have a story that goes with it? We are getting lots of snow here, maybe 20inches total so far, and we are expecting lake effect snow today. It is fun to be inside in a cozy home and look outward to God's handywork. Blessings, Sue

Kate said...

I love your new header pic...it looks like here...we have the snow, the frost and the frigid temps. -48 when I went to work this am with the wind chill....bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh!! I work my grandmother's Hudson Seal! It is very old and heavy but oh so toasty warm!! I shovelled in it!! I will take some pics of my little house and post them soon. Happy New Year to all of you and blessings.

Kate said...

I love your new header pic...it looks like here...we have the snow, the frost and the frigid temps. -48 when I went to work this am with the wind chill....bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh!! I work my grandmother's Hudson Seal! It is very old and heavy but oh so toasty warm!! I shovelled in it!! I will take some pics of my little house and post them soon. Happy New Year to all of you and blessings.