Monday, January 29, 2007

Where Have I Been?

I was recently asked, in a blog comment, where I have been in the world, how many countries, how many continents, etc. Well, that would be too long an answer in a comment so I'm writing it up in a blog! When we were still just going together I told Jerry I wanted to see the world! His reply to me was that first we would have to see the USA! So we started out on our honeymoon going to all the New England states and making many stops along the way, especially in New York City, Washington D.C., and Niagara Falls. Now, forty-seven and a half years later I'm proud to say we've been in 49 states and hope to go to the fiftieth for our fiftieth anniversary! That would be Hawaii and to cruise there is my dream! Now to move on to the rest of the world...we've been in five continents: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We've been in thirteen countries: USA, Canada, Mexico, Haiti, Paraguay, Brazil, The Netherlands, Belgium, Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Japan, and Thailand. The last two I went to by myself but Jerry and I went to all the others together. Our next trip, we're hoping will be to Malaysia. Many of these trips were missions trips not vacations and all were very exciting and satisfying. I praise God because He is our Creator, and He is Omnipresent!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is quite a feat! I did not realize that you have been in 49 states. I hope I can accomplish that some day!

Anita said...

I hope you can too. We live in a beautiful, fascinating, country of many contrasts. I know you've been to a lot of states. Have you counted up how many?

Anonymous said...

Anita: I have also been in 49 states. The only state I have not been in is Maine. You have beat me on the number of countries and continents, however. I don't think I will try and catch up either. I'm just going to stay in the good ole USA.

Anita said...

Bill, when did you go to Hawaii? I don't remember that.

Anonymous said...

I spent two days in Hawaii on my way home from Pakistan in 1970. It was a round the world trip leaving from Denver to Detroit where I left Vel and the kids with you and then the Vibberts and then I flew on to England and then on to Pakistan via a number of other countries and then after my three week stay in Pakistan I flew on to the far east stopping in a number of countries including Hong Kong were I spent a day and a half. I really enjoyed Hong Kong and then flew to Hawaii and then back to the states and to Detroit my original starting point. I have also been in much of Mexico and also Guatamala. These were businss trips. I never had the money to take vacations overseas or much of anywhere else except the USA and Canada. Vel and I have really not had the opportunity to take real travel vacations. Now that we are retired we can start taking some more trips. The trip to Alaska last summer was a beginning.