Thursday, January 25, 2007

Taste Changes

It's interesting how our tastes change over the years. I'm from a family who loved chili and hot tamales. Jerry is not. He never wanted me to make chili for supper unless it was Saturday and even then he didn't want me to make it very often! So I seldom did. I remember once when we were visiting my brother and his family for a few days. We both had small children. We had planned to leave on a certain day and when that day arrived Richard asked us to stay just one more day. We declined and he said, very excitedly, "If you'll stay I'll make a big pot of chili for supper!" Well, I was ready to stay. But, that was all it took to make Jerry even more determined to go! We went. But now, years later, Jerry loves chili! He asks for it very often! I've got a crock pot of chili on right now! And he loves hot dogs! He didn't used to. I have always loved hot dogs, especially chili dogs. So every time I make chili now, you can be sure, we'll also be having chili dogs for lunch. I'm very happy with this change and so is he! I guess getting old isn't so bad after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog about chili yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought a can of chili and a can of tamale's and had myself a feast since Vel was at the Hare Convention. It tasted so good!!! When we come to see you in four to five months I expect to have chili and tamale's on one occasion at least. Dad used to make Tamale Pie when we were kids. Do you remember that Anita. And, when I went to Oakdale Christian High School we had Tamale Pie every Wednesday night. It was my favorite dish.