Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Friend Anja


This is my friend, Anja, and me in Ruby Tuesday Resturant. She is visiting here from The Netherlands! Several years ago she and her family lived here and I tutored the two boys and also Anja in Conversational English. We became really good friends. A few years ago we were in The Netherlands and got to visit them in their home and they took us to the North Sea! That was so much fun! I remember Anja told their kids they were having company from the U.S. so they needed to be on their good behavior! The boys thought it was just someone from their dads company but when they saw us they were very happy and excited even to show us everything about their home and life in The Netherlands. Today Anja brought me up to date on Tom, Dirk, and Lettika. They're grown up now and doing well. It was very hard for Anja and me to say good-bye so we settled for so long or until next time! But who knows when that will be. Thank goodness for e-mail and blogging! It's a small world after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember your taking a trip to the Netherlands. Where else did you go on that trip. How many countries have you been in and how many continents? I have not been out of the USA since my around the world trip in 1970. In 1969 I traveled trough much of Mexico and Guatemala. I have not been in Canada since Vel and I went to Niagara Falls on our Honeymoon. I used to travel to Canada with Dad a few times as a teenager.