Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pineapple Upside down Cake


Jerry's birthday was past but over the weekend two of our granddaughter's were here and wanted to celebrate his birthday. Bella wanted me to make him an eagle cake but I didn't have what I needed sooo...I made a pineapple upside down cake and we put candles in it. The candles were used but no one would know because I lit them in the kitchen and Sydney carried the cake to him in the living room. That is...no one knew until he tried to blow them out! I didn't even realize it, but they were the kind that re-ignite! It was so funny trying to get those candles out!!! The girls loved it!
Another funny thing happened that Sydney and I laughed about but had to keep a secret. As I was preparing this cake for Jerry the phone rang, it was a friend asking if it would be okay if she made a cake for Jerry for the next day to take to a luncheon we were going to. I said sure, that'd be fine. Would you believe she was making a pineapple upside cake?! Sydney and I had a good laugh but decided not to tell Jerry, he'd just have to be a good sport about it. He was. In fact, there were so many desserts I'm not sure what he ate!
Thank you, Father, for family, for birthdays, for friends, for laughter, for memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

How funny! What a good way to spread out the birthday celebration.

Anonymous said...

I did not know that Jerry still had birthdays and that they were celebrated. Happy birthday after the fact Jerry!