Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Friends

A lady comes to our house every few months to talk to me about God, the condition of the world, her beliefs, etc. She always has another person with her and never the same person. I always invite them in and we visit (she loves our house) and then she starts talking about the condition of the world and God today. She always gives me a couple of small magazines. I take them and later throw them away. (That's two less to be given to someone else who'll read them and be misled.) I don't say I'll read them. I never argue with her but I do try to tell her something about Jesus. I've told her I'm a born again Christian and that means that Jesus is a living reality within me. And I've been praying for her ever since she started coming to our house which was several years ago! She keeps coming back so I keep praying and talking to her about knowing Jesus and my personal relationship with Him!
I recently met a man who is very knowledgeable about computers and was helping me with mine. He told me he loves to help people, especially older people. He was so kind and so I finally asked him if he was a Christian. That's not a question I normally go around asking but he just seemed to be. But no, he's not a Christian...he's a Buddhist! I was very surprised and told him I've never talked to a Buddhist before and that I'm a born again Christian. We had an interesting short conversation then before our time together ended. I may never see him again but I've added him to my prayer list! His name is David and God loves him! Thank you, Heavenly Father for these chance meetings. To me they are chance meetings but maybe they're not to You! You know and love Ardie and David even though they are in different religions and not accepting of Jesus as Your Son. But yet, Jesus died for them just as He died for me. Please reveal Yourself to them. Give me courage to speak up for You and possibly plant some seeds in their hearts. I need more boldness. I love You and praise You, Father.

No comments: