Friday, January 11, 2008

Encouragement

This morning I had two separate communications that made my day! One was an e-mail and one was a phone call.

I've been wondering lately if I should change my way of writing blogs. Maybe readers are tired of my ending my blogs with a prayer or a scripture verse...then I think, well, what do I care what they think...it's my journal. But I found out this morning...I do care! A friend e-mailed me telling me how much she is encouraged after reading my blogs and to keep on writing! WOW! She said more then just that but that's the gist of it. How did she even know I was considering changing or even stopping writing blogs!

The phone call was a person calling with a question. She started out by saying, "Hi, how are you?" Well, I've been too sick to answer with "Just fine." So I said, "I'm doing better now." She didn't even know I'd been sick. We talked a few minutes and then were ready to hang up.
But she suddenly said, "May I pray with you?" She then proceeded to pray a most beautiful prayer on my behalf. I felt God's Spirit well up within me as she was praying! I know God heard her prayer.

Thank you, Lord, for these two friends who encouraged me so much this morning. Without even realizing it they were both used by You! Help me to be sensitive to other folks too so You can possibly use me as an encouragement to someone. I love You, Lord.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I agree with both your friends!! Don't quit.