Sunday, January 02, 2011

My Friend

     My wonderful friend, James! He went to be with Jesus yesterday! I miss him so. I have such mixed feelings. Half of me is so sad and the other half or two thirds is so peaceful, excited, happy, even joyful because I KNOW he is walking and talking with Jesus! 
     He's praising God with the angels! That's the kind of person James was! I interviewed him in October to be featured in the Prime Time Newsletter that I'm editor of. 
     He was such a delight to interview! He ended our chat by singing a song to me! I'm So Glad I Found It Out! I wasn't expecting it so I didn't have my camera ready. Later he sang it again and I did get on video. It's not as good as the first time but it's still a treasure for me!
I never dreamed he would leave us so soon.
      He had terminal cancer but he was so optimistic and cheerful, no one really believed he would die so soon. We never know with cancer. I was in shock yesterday when I was called and told of his death, and I guess I'm still in shock today. 
     He had a really wonderful friend, Tymothi. He's my good friend, too. He was with James when he died. They were such an encouragement to each other in life, and now Tymothi has a legacy to live up to. In fact, he came to church this morning not because he felt like it, in his sadness, but because he knew James would want him to!
     Dear Heavenly Father: I praise You because You are All Knowing. You knew it was the day for James to cross over from life to death and on to eternal life! I praise You because James didn't have to suffer, like some do with cancer. He went so quickly. I praise You because James found You in a personal way, as his personal Savior. Thank You for giving me the privilege of knowing James and having him as a friend.  
     Thanks also for the friendship of Tymothi. Please comfort him in his sorrow. Help him to feel Your Presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im sorry what happened to your friend i love you and i hope you can see him in heaven with me ~ SYDNEY

Cheri said...

Thank you for creating a permanent record of James' witness as to what Christ did for him. It will stand for many of us who never had the privilege of meeting him.
I pray for God's comfort and warmth to sustain those who are missing him today.