Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Journal

     One year ago today the earth quake hit Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. While we were shocked and so sad for the whole country, our thoughts and prayers, immediately went to our future grandchildren, Elmise and Armon. Were they okay? Where were they? Were they alive? Were they hurt?
     Elmise and Armon were being adopted by our son, Rob, and his family. It would be several more months before they would come to live with their new family...the earthquake changed everything. 
     Prayers ascended and God heard... Elmise and Armon were among the first adoptive children to be flown out of Haiti to Florida. Rob, Jessica, Tyler and Haleigh were flown to Florida in a private jet by Dow Chemical Co.! What an experience! 
     What a great day when they were joined as a family and came home to Michigan! I'll never forget it! Neither will they!!!
     What a joy these two children are! They are bright, intelligent, musical, happy, loving, sweet... Need I say more? I love them! They make our number of grandchildren 15! I'd better add here: they are normal kids with a whole lot of energy! 

     Michigan State beat Wisconsin last night in overtime by three points! Yeah!!! 
     We're getting a little snow, not much. This is strange...everyone, around us, all over the country is getting snow, lots of it. We're not.
     I'm still getting Christmas cards! I love it! 
     I'm getting anxious to go to visit my mother again. She'll be 97 in March. Her mind is so good, it's incredible! 
     Tim, our middle son, is coming to visit!!! Yeah! A week from today! Yeah!!! I can't wait! I have a lot of work to do before he comes though. I'd better get busy!


     Lord, how I praise You, how I love You! You are my Saviour, my Lord, my Friend, my Father... Thank You for Elmise and Armon. Please be with Rob and Jessica as they raise them to be good, faithful Christians. Help me as grandma to be kind and patient and loving. 
     Please be with my mother. Bless her with Your Presence. 
     Watch over Tim as he travels here next week. Be with the family as they stay home to work and study. 

3 comments:

carole said...

Sounds lioke your life is happy and full.. great !!! you deserve it..

Unknown said...

I loved your post about Elmise and Armon. They are so adorable. God had His hand on them to protect them from the earth quake and to bring them to Rob and Jessica. What a blessing. It must be so neat to be their grandma. Sensing that you are a close knnit family. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you. Blessings to you, Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi-ya every body, wonderul chat board I find It extremely useful & it has helped me a lot
I hope to be able to contribute and aid others like this website has helped me

_________________
[url=http://iphoneusers.com]redsn0w[/url]