Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Great Day

Gene and Tim burning the brush pile.
     It was 15 degrees out and Tim, son, and Gene, son-in-law, decided to burn the brush pile for Jerry. Boys will be boys is all I can say. They seemed to enjoy themselves! 
Pam showing a pillow.
     






     Pam and I were making pillows and curtains. My sewing machine started giving me problems so, in the picture, Tim is oiling it for me. Pam is showing one of the pillows we're working on. This was a favorite shirt of Matthew, grandson. She hated to throw it away but the shirt shrunk when she washed it and the lining didn't. So we left the pockets on it, buttoned the front down, cut the sleeves off and made a nice pillow! We're not finished yet but it's coming. You can click on the picture to see the details better. We made two other pillows and curtains for the family room. 

Paula Deen Signature Pans.

     Gene took me shopping! He helped me pick out a set of pans. He's a good shopper and because he's employed at a department store in Chicago, his employer discount was good here too! So I have a new set of Paula Deen Signature pans. 

     When we came home from shopping he fixed our supper! Chicken, pasta, and steamed veggies. Pam said it's called, Healthy Food for You! It was very tasty!
     Lord, thank You for family, for children, for help  from our children, for loving care. 

4 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

That cookware is beautiful! I love cheerful colors in the kitchen, it should be the happiest place in the house.

All the decorating books I read say we should spend money to make our bedroom looks gorgeous. Mine is cozy enough but I'm usually just there first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Give me my kitchen, instead! But not to sleep in. :)

You'll have many happy hours using that cookware inside where it is WARM.

Unknown said...

I love Paula Dean, so I'm sure her pots and pans are awesome! I like the color too!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow! your kids really worked for you last week. They must love you. Lorraine