Friday, January 28, 2011

Journal

     We just made a major purchase today and that always makes me nervous. We bought a new sofa and a platform rocker with a matching ottoman.
     Our old sofa was purchased about 15 or even 16 years ago and has served us well. It's time for a new one. Today was a big sale day at a furniture store here in town, so we went to look... We came home with a platform rocker and matching ottoman. Tuesday the sofa will be delivered.
   It's very exciting but also scary. Did we do the right thing? Did we spend too much money? Will it look right in our living room? 
    
     Another improvement today was putting the "Our Family" stencil on the dining room wall above the family pictures! It looks good! Jessica came over and helped me put it on. I've been waiting to paint the wall before I put the stencil on and Tim painted the wall when he was here so now I had no excuse. It's looks really good! This is from the Upper Case Living party that I went to with my sister-in-law, Cookie, when I was visiting in Colorado. It's about time I get it put on the wall. Now I have another one that Cookie gave to me as a gift. Jessica and I are thinking about where to put it...


     I had my first full body massage yesterday! It was a Christmas gift from Jerry! I loved it and hope to have another one some time. 
     
     Today my church printed the newsletter, that I'm editor of, for the first time ever! This is my fifth year of writing Prime Time News, I've always printed it out at home. Readers give me money to pay for the color ink cartridges. But now, the church is doing the printing for me! What a relief this is! I had to have it ready by 11:00 am today and that wasn't easy to do but I did it. It comes out bi-weekly. 
     My brother, Richard, has helped me immensely in putting out the newsletter. He's a writer and knows the business. I'm an amateur but love writing it. He has helped me put out a newsletter that I'm proud to say: I'm the editor! Thanks again, Richard.


     Well, it's time for me to sit in my new rocker with my feet up! It's very nice.
     Lord, how can I say thanks for all You have given me? The first thing is eternal life. Then comes my personal relationship with Jesus. My family is next: Jerry, my mother, my children, my grandchildren, my extended family, friends, church, home. I could go on and on. You have blessed me beyond measure and I don't deserve it. Please help me to live my life pleasing to You.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like things are changing around your house. How nice to have some new furniture and decor. You are brave to do it all. And I was looking at the pictures of the new bathroom sink. Pretty nice. We have had new things (to us) lately, as we got several furniture items from the former owners of our house. Recliners swivel chairs, end tables, TV and some lamps, a bedroom outfit, curtains and drapes. So it seems all so new. Hardly used and at a fraction of the price. And it all fit together fine, as they did it, and are quite good decorators. We love it. I think God had some doing on this whole project, what a blessing. I have seen those words and printings, will have to look up a website. I can cut some of them on my Cricut expression. You sure inspire me.

Amy said...

I'm glad someone else can help by printing the newsletter. That should make your job easier.

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Our family room sofa and the recliner are in need of replacing. But I just can't bring myself to even add it to a "future priority" list.

I think part of it is because that is the sofa my kitties Sasha and Storm used to always sleep on. There are two dents in the back of the sofa and you can tell which one Sasha slept in (she was rather chubby). I remember them when I look at those dents.

At least I have the new stove (which I LOVE). :)

That stencil is beautiful, too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your massage...I love them too!
Ruth

Terra said...

You have a beautiful attitude of prayer and thankfulness for your blessings.