Monday, January 03, 2011

Journal

     The holiday season is over. Decorations are down, still need to be put away in the storeroom, but it's happening. 
     The new year is upon us. We started the new year out with the death of a very good friend. (See my last post.) We're waiting to hear when his memorial service will be.
     Before Christmas I received, in my e-mail, a comment to a blog that was written in German. I had no idea if it was good or bad so I waited until I could have it translated before I published it. 
    Yesterday I was able to have a friend read it and tell me if it was good or bad. When she said, "Good." I asked her to tell me what it said! Now, in essence, I'll tell you...! It was this person's first time to visit my blog and she found many interesting things for discussion! She thinks she's not the only one that I make happy! Good Work! (I'm assuming it was written by a woman.) This makes me very happy and I hope the person still reads my blog and will see this. I love comments and don't get very many.
     I got another comment in another language that I didn't know but that one I deleted because I was suspicious of it. 
     Now, a friend who works at a plant in our city, says he can send me a site that translates so when I get a comment in another language I can simply translate it here. That will be good.
     Yesterday I had a very strange experience. I finished the newsletter I write on Friday but then learned of two deaths that I needed to include. Saturday I worked hard rearranging articles, pictures, deleting some, etc. I became very sleepy late Saturday night and had to go to bed. I still hadn't printed it out or sent the one by e-mail. 
     Sunday morning I got up and went right to work printing it out. I printed and folded 40 copies. We ate breakfast, I ran upstairs, got dressed, and we left for church, arriving just in time to give out the newsletter to the first service folks. 
     On the way to church, I looked down at the stack of newsletters on my lap...oh, oh. The yellow color was purple! Oh no...I must have run out of ink in the yellow color cartridge. I thumbed through to see how many had distorted color...all of them! 
     I didn't notice it while it was printing! I didn't see it when I was folding them! I'm not color blind!!! How could I have missed that? 
     Did the Lord cover this over because He knew I didn't have time to change the cartridge and reprint them? Would He do that? 
     As I looked them over I decided it wouldn't matter...they weren't the right color but folks reading wouldn't know what the real color was, unless I told them. 
     I thanked God for hiding this from me and put the newsletters in the rack on the welcome center. 
     Today I changed the yellow cartridge. Then I checked the red and blue cartridges...they were empty too! I can't believe it! 
     Thank You, Lord. You really saved the day for me! New cartridges have now been put in and copies have been printed out to be mailed to our shut-in folks. The right color copies! Thank You for this privilege, that is mine, to write the newsletter. I love You, Heavenly Father.
     Thank You, also, for folks who read my blog and especially for those who take a moment to write a comment and tell me they like what I've written. They inspire me to keep writing.
     Thank You for being my personal Saviour. 
     
          

1 comment:

carole said...

I like to read your blog and check it every day... Sorry for your friends death.... I like comments too but I think people do not blog as much since FB became so popular.. Carole