Monday, September 20, 2010

Journal

Today we went to the funeral of a friend, Bob. I met Bob the same evening I met Jerry, 52 years ago! In fact, I was introduced to them both at the same time, by Bob's sister, Mary. He's the same age as I am, so he's old but not that old. His death was a shock to everyone. He had a very bad stroke just a week ago. It was a very good funeral, some tributes were given, favorite hymns of Bob's sung, there was some laughter as we thought back over the years, and a good message was brought by Pastor Roger. A very touching poem was read...that had been written by Bob, himself! We're left with the hope of seeing Bob again, someday when we leave this earth. There were lots of people there and it was sad to think of the reason we were all there but it was also good to visit and renew friendships. 
A nephew of Bob, of course was there with his family, and we all had a good laugh at him and with him! His wife and children were all dressed up, the two teenage boys wore black suits and looked so good! His daughter looked very nice and his wife was stunning. He, on the other hand, wore a short sleeved, cotton shirt, unbuttoned at the neck. I guess he was comfortable, but rather, out of place. He said he dresses this way to school every day. (He's a teacher) If his boys hadn't been so dressed up we probably wouldn't have noticed. But he really should have been dressed up for his uncle's funeral. My opinion...


My physical therapy for my sciatic nerve is getting more intense every time I go (twice a week). Today, it was moved up to this morning because of the funeral. I still have pain going down my leg, so I'm not sure they're hitting the problem. But we'll see. I'll do all my exercises tomorrow (four sets) and go back on Wednesday. One day I was measured for the strength in my back...I am above average! Now, how many of you can say that?! I didn't even know there was a way to measure strength in a back!!! And here I am above average! Well, I hope you're laughing with me...


Here's the latest report from Jessica about the adoption process. A week ago we were desperately praying for God to intercede with the governments and judges, etc. Now we're praising God for answered prayer!
one week ago I wrote to you asking you to please pray...  today I am asking you to please PRAISE!!!!!
We have heard from Washington... both children are catagory 1, meaning their adoption was processed in Haiti!  this is a miracle!  a miracle!!!!
when we spoke to the attorney who is helping us, she said... "I have news that will make you soar"... then she explained that after a complete file review, officer mock discovered that both children were in the same catagory... however last week... they were not.  do you have any idea what this means? 
WE HAVE SEEN MIRACLES JUST HAPPEN!  SILENT PRAYERS GET ANSWERED! BROKEN HEARTS BECOME BRAND NEW! 
THATS WHAT FAITH CAN DO!
please celebrate with us and do a little happy dance!
gratefully yours,
the A..... family


I lost my car key a month or more ago. Today Jerry found it...in the sofa! I had looked there before but I think it got moved around with folks sitting and grandkids bouncing with energy! I'm just so thankful to have it back. 

I'm rejoicing. I praise You, Lord, because You are The Creator.

No comments: