Thursday, September 09, 2010

Eating with Mother

I had a great time with my Mother last week in Colorado. The first picture here is the wonderful waitress with my mom. She really takes good care to see that everything is just right. She mixes Mother's coffee with hot chocolate, just the way Mother likes it. Everything is just right.
The next picture is me with Mother. We ate at a table out in the big room by our selves. It was much better than in the dining room with all the other residents. And we were treated like we were special! One day it was so beautiful out, so we ate outside on the deck.
This is one of the best nursing homes I've ever known of!

I was visiting with a lady who came by in her wheel chair. I asked what her name is and guess what?! It's Anita! We just sort of bonded as she took my hand and held it. She is quite frail and very quiet. So we were having a nice visit when I said that my husband let me come out to visit my mother. Oh my goodness...she came alive...HE LET YOU?  I said, "Yes, we love each other and he let me come out here to visit my mother." That kind of ended our little time together! I guess she must have had some issues with her husband. They were a childless couple and maybe that added to some stress.

Mother and I had a wonderful time together. We talked about times past and I wrote things down with my computer. I was there from morning til late afternoon for three days. We ate breakfast and lunch together. She still went about her daily schedule and just knew that I was there when she was finished with whatever she had to do. It was hard to say goodbye. But we had hopes that she would be able to go up for Richard's birthday on Tuesday.

There is a new system of loading pictures for my blog and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. So my pictures are not with the paragraphs written about them. Please be patient with me. The third picture is of the two Anitas.
The last picture is of my mom just before I left.

Lord, thank You for Mother. Thank You for the wonderful time we had together. Thank You for this wonderful clean nursing home.

No comments: