Monday, July 12, 2010

Journal

I'll just journal for a bit here. I've lost my car keys! We think the last time I drove was Saturday afternoon. I had to come home with them. Today I had to borrow Jerry's. I've looked all over and checked pockets...no where.

Today I worked with my former computer teacher...teaching her! She wants to become a blogger. We had a good time together for about three hours! I don't know if she learned anything but we had a good time!

Jerry had a doctor appointment, I went with him so I'd know first hand what the doctor said. He was being checked for diabetes and...no, he doesn't have it. He bruises so easily so the doctor changed some meds, also his tiredness may be caused by some meds. We're both feeling better about him. The spot on his face will be checked soon. We love our doctor.

Today I logged onto a site of the Historical Free Methodist Church site...imagine my surprise when I saw my family in a picture with former Bishop Marston! I've seen the picture before, in fact it's even in a book but I didn't expect to see it again all these years later. It was taken in 1974, I think. Here's the web site, in case you'd like to look it up.
http://marston.freemethodistchurch.org/_pdfs/SummerFall2010.pdf Our whole family is there but some are hard to see unless you know what you're looking for. Jerry shows very well! He's the young man, I'm standing beside him holding Robby (you can only see part of me.) Timmy is standing by Jerry, he shows up very well. The bottom 3/4 of Christy shows, not her face. Part of Teddy's face shows, he wearing glasses. Pammy's dark hair shows, that's all of her. There is another woman and a boy but I don't know who they are. But there we are, we were all listening to Bishop Marston telling something about the history of our church, even our kids were listening!

I'm already working on the next newsletter. The last one came out yesterday! I try to keep up-to-date on news happenings. I've had about three items come to my attention already. Some big changes are in the works as far as distribution. I'm not at liberty to disclose the changes yet but it's going to be helpful to me. I was greatly encouraged after talking with my pastor concerning the newsletter.

I had a night mare last night... Jerry woke me up...he said I was crying! Strange...

I have new glasses! Dr Johnson said I hadn't been in since 2004! No wonder I was having problems seeing! So now I can read small words and numbers again...like crossword puzzles!

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are All Knowing and You Care for me. You are Love. Please forgive me for taking You for granted. Thank You for the good doctor appointment Jerry had. Thank You for my new glasses. Please help me find my keys. You know where they are, so please help me find them. Please help me with the newsletter. Help me to keep it up-to-date and relevant and interesting. Help me with all the technical aspects of writing a newsletter. Thank You for the help my writer brother, Richard, gives me. Help him to be patient with me! I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love your blog...you are an amazing writer, so good at keeping us all informed....I just can't get myself back to it since my Dad passed away....I really enjoy reading yours.

Anonymous said...

This is my first message. Please don't delete it. Thanks
jsh39shd2 [url=http://hsk39sg3.com]link[/url]