Monday, July 13, 2009

Golden Anniversary Open House

My goose was ready for the open house but she's so heavy no one took her out to the back yard! She sat on the front porch in her wedding gown and veil waiting and waiting...

Here we are...fifty years and counting. Beautiful roses from Lorraine. Cakes were 1) anniversary cake; 2) apple cake made by friend, Elaine, brought by Wilma; 3) chocolate cake made by friend, Joan.

Beautiful yellow and white daisies from Richard and Cookie.

Beautiful purple carnations from my mother!

We planned on having the open house in our back yard...if the weather was good. It was perfect!

Please sign our guest book. Then take a minute to look at our wedding book and our wedding pictures. The box is for cards. There's a basket of chocolates wrapped in gold paper with our name and wedding date printed on it! I made a brochure with our life story so each family gets one.

Lorraine, my sister, sent us these beautiful roses! Our cake with decorations from my parents 50th anniversary cake! Our golden anniversary open house was a total success! The weather was perfect! About 90 folks came! Flowers from my family brought tears to my eyes. Okay...I cried when the purple carnations came from my mother. They were purple to go with the purple outfit from Malaysia I wore. It was a long top I wore over a straight black skirt. The plate of little packets beside the cake are gold M&M's with Jerry & Anita written on some and June 13, 1959 written on some. There was also a chocolate, like the ones in the basket on the guest book table, in each packet. Pam and Gene surprised us with these!

How can I say thanks, Lord, for such a wonderful day, for such a wonderful family and for such wonderful friends, and for such a wonderful marriage. I love You, Lord, and I praise You.

1 comment:

carole said...

I am so glad that things turned out so great for you... Love carole