Thursday, June 09, 2011

Journal June 9, 2011

I'm tutoring Armon every morning for an hour Monday through Friday, this summer. This is to help him be ready for first grade in the fall. He's a very intelligent little boy but has a difficult time concentrating on learning to read. We brought in an old school desk we've had since our own kids were kids. After cleaning it up it looks great and he's pleased to have his own special place for learning. He's here every morning right on time, sitting at his desk, ready to study. I love it.


I have two things that are really bugging me right now. One is that we had baby robins in a nest beside our front porch we were keeping track of and today... Jerry saw a lot of activity, adult robins flying in the tree and out, etc. He went out to see what the problem was...a large bird was after the babies. I don't know what the bird was, I only got a glimpse. He won. The babies are on the ground now...dead. It's so sad. 
The other thing that's bugging me...the yellow Marigolds on Eastman Avenue. We have a program of beautifying our city. A Saturday morning in May one lane is blocked off and people plant flowers all along the curb of Eastman Avenue. The city provides the flowers. Most years Petunias are planted. They are so pretty and they fill in so nicely. All summer we have beautiful colorful flowers lining the street all the way from the expressway to downtown. This year we have yellow Marigolds. I suppose they're cheaper, I don't know of any other reason to plant these in place of Petunias. I'm the only one I've heard complain about it. Do other folks really like these yellow flowers in place of the beautiful multicolored flowers?


Well, enough complaining. Let's see...there is this work in nature of keeping a balance in nature. Animals and birds living off each other. I don't like it but it's not up to me. God is our Creator and He knows best. He also created the Marigold's as well as the Petunia's. But I also have the belief that if we're going to do something, do it well. So, City of Midland, you disappointed me. But, I say, who asked me? 


Lord, I praise You because You are All Knowing. Please forgive me for complaining. Thank You for the flowers and the birds. Please be with the Robins who lost their babies today. Please help those Marigolds to bloom and blossom all summer and provide beauty along Eastman Avenue. Help me to adjust my attitude and be thankful for the flowers.



No comments: