Thursday, June 30, 2011

Journal 6/30/11

So much has been going on around here I've got to stop and journal. I'm tutoring Armon every morning for an hour, trying to get him ready for first grade. He's an intelligent little boy but he's very active and has a hard time focusing on the subject at hand. I do think he's improving. I just hope there'll be a difference in him when school starts. 


We have two dogs who go through our property on a regular basis now. We don't like it, but what can we do? Most people, now days,
keep their dogs tied or in a kennel. I think I know where these dogs live but I've never met the people. I love dogs, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they should be allowed to run free and make regular jaunts through our property. But what to do???


We're having beautiful weather right now. It's almost perfect! I had a doctor appointment yesterday. I'm well and fine. I do have a problem on my tongue. It's strange and I'll go back to have it looked at next month. 


Here's something so funny that happened today with the grand kids. I took them (3) to the fun zone to use up some energy. They were off playing when I saw three young black boys come running up to play. They climbed into a model truck. Armon came running to me to tell me something and noticed the three boys. When he came to me he asked why those boys were staring at him. I said something like maybe because you look like they do. He looked down at his shirt and said, "No, I don't. My shirt is different then theirs!" Ah, kids, I'm so glad color apparently means nothing to him. Me either.


A former neighbor of ours received a new heart yesterday! I wasn't even aware she needed one until I saw on facebook one day about her being in the hospital waiting for a new heart! That meant some one had to die. Well, yesterday someone did and Ruth was given her heart. So far Ruth is doing well, although it's too soon to know too much.


Lord, I praise You. Please help Armon and me with Grandma's School. Help him to be learning. Help me to be patient with him.
You know about my tongue. I praise You because You are My Healer. Please touch me. Please be with my friend, Ruth. You know all about her. Please help her to gain strength both physically and spiritually. Thank You for the new technology and capability of doctors today.



No comments: