Sunday, June 19, 2011

Journal 6/19/11

Today is Father's Day. We just came home from next door where we had breakfast with son, Rob, Jessica, Haleigh, Elmise and Armon. Elmise was making pancakes when we arrived! She's a good cook! We also had sausage and lots of fruit. It was very good. They gave Dad - Grandpa candy and a picture of the four grandkids, next door. It's very nice. Pam called Jerry while we were over there. Her timing was perfect because he had just finished eating so he left the room for a few minutes to talk to her. It's a beautiful day today. 


I miss my dad. He died six years ago and I still miss him like it was yesterday. 


I was asked by a friend, just the other day, if I ever think about quitting writing the newsletter I'm editor of. This is my fifth year of writing it. I told her, when I do a bad job according to my brother, then I think maybe I should step down. But otherwise no, I'm not ready to quit yet. But, this morning, I suddenly remembered something for the newsletter, that comes out today...I never mentioned Father's Day! What on earth was wrong with me? Old age? It has to be. I always highlight any special day or holiday. Oh the poor fathers... I wonder how many folks will notice. I usually get comments when something is wrong. I wonder how many I'll get today?


Lord, thank You for my dad and my husband. They were and are special men and special dads. Thank You for creating families. Help me to know when the time is right for me to step down as editor of Prime Time News.

No comments: