Saturday, September 08, 2007

Tomatoes

I was making grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch when someone knocked on our door. I heard Jerry say, "Well, hi!" Instead of inviting the person in, Jerry went out! Curiosity got the best of me so I went to look. There was our good neighbor and friend, Jack, giving Jerry a bag of fresh tomatoes from the back of his truck! He said he'd just picked them and his wife said not to bring any more tomatoes inside their house! They must have had a bumper crop! Anyway, I finished the sandwiches I was making and inserted fresh tomato slices in the middle of the melted cheese! Mmmmmm! God is great, God is good, and we thank Him for our food...and thank you for our good, generous friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm . . . my favorite lunch and fresh picked tomatoes always make it better