Friday, September 07, 2007

Random Thoughts

I was given a new challenge last Saturday and I went at it full blast! Would you believe a newsletter for the seniors at our church? I love doing this type of work and I worked at it for one night and five days! The one night was the first night and it was all night! I showed it to Jerry the second day and he liked it. But I kept getting new and better ideas and changing it. I showed it to him again and again. He finally exploded! "I liked the first one you showed me, why do you keep changing it?" I explained to him that that was just the first draft and you never go with the first draft! You keep changing it until you like it and are satisfied with it. He says, "But I did like it." Well, I like it a whole lot better now! I'm ready to print off copies to hand out on Sunday. On the front page I featured the pig roast of last Sat. and two special folks who are having birthdays this month, Jim-94 yrs. and Fran-93yrs. On the back page I listed prayer requests, Sept. birthdays/anniversaries, and other important dates, and other items of interest. There are lots of pictures. I just hope the seniors will like it and approve of it. For now it will be a once a month paper, but I already know of some who want it more often. We'll see what the majority want. So that's what's kept me busy this week!

Two of our good friends had surgery this week. Penn-carotid artery and Vicki-breast cancer.

Yesterday I went from a very good mood to a very confused, mixed up, negative mood in a matter of minutes! It was not a good feeling. I had just had a very good heart-to-heart visit with a trusted friend and within an hour my warm fuzzy feelings plummeted. This is a lesson to me: be careful what I say to a person, because I never know how it's going to be received. The persons (not my trusted friend) who left me feeling down probably didn't know how they made me feel. I wasn't hurt but I was very frustrated and by two different people on two different subjects! Lord, help me to rely on you for my strength. "The joy of the Lord is my strength." Neh. 8:10. Today is a new day. "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

News letter sounds like a good project for you - I am sure you will enjoy it. Once a month sounds like plenty though.

Kate said...

I know how you feel...I had a similar incident today...makes me feel sad.