Saturday, September 01, 2007

Raccoon

Yesterday Jerry filled the bird feeder and then drilled a hole and put the bungee cord hook through the hole, the same as on the other side. So last night I decided I was going to sit in my lazy boy chair beside the open window of the loft until after the raccoon had done his damage. I don't know why I just did. I was wondering what was keeping him when I suddenly heard shots! Two and then a third, about an hour later I heard one more. I don't know if a neighbor was out to get him or if it was something else but he never showed up here all night. The shots sounded off to the southeast (for those of you who know the area) so maybe our problems are over. Of course he's not the only raccoon around. Dear Lord, what can I say? If that was the raccoon being shot, it's kind of a bitter-sweet ending. You know I love nature but he was such a pest. I praise You because You are Sovereign.

No comments: