Monday, September 10, 2007

A New Week

Today is a rainy day but that's okay. Yesterday was a beautiful, sun shiny day. We went for a ride in the MG in the afternoon. We're looking for a different car, we've worn the old Buick right out! Our mechanic told us so! So we drove through several used car lots and we also stopped in to visit Penn and Joan. Penn had surgery last week and we wanted to see how he is doing.

We went to church earlier than usual yesterday so I could hand out the new newsletter to senior folks after the first service and also so I could copy off a letter of questions about the newsletter. Most folks didn't know anything about the newsletter and were very pleasantly surprised as they read it over. The questions, I asked, in the letter were: 1) Do you like what you see? 2) Would you like it continued? 3) Do you have suggestions for a better name? 4) Are you willing to call Anita with prayer requests/news items? 5) Is once a month often enough or every two weeks? 6) Would you help with cost? 7) Would you prefer receiving it on-line? They are to answer the questions, sign the letter, and get it back to me. I've only gotten one back so far and it was very positive. I've already begun the next issue.

We seem to have had a visitor on our deck last night! Jerry left the starter fluid and a bag of
charcoals out and this morning the bag is open and the can of fluid is tipped over! Hmmm! I wonder who??? I have seen a possum around a few times, maybe... I think I'm right about someone shooting the raccoon because he hasn't been back! Jerry said he actually misses the challenge of outsmarting him!

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are Sovereign and You are Love and You are our Healer. Forgive me for ever doubting You. Thank you for another week to serve You. Thank you for touching Joshua after he fell from the top bunk and was rushed by helicopter to the hospital in Anchorage. Please be with us, be with Pam, Ted, Tim, Christy, and Rob and their spouses and our grandchildren. Watch over my mom, Richard, Lorraine, and Bill and their families. Continue to touch Penn & Vicki after their surgeries.

No comments: