Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lesson




One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Isaiah 40:31. I decided to put it in the next senior newsletter that I've been writing. Well, it starts out with "But..." Now don't ask me why, but I've never read the previous verses to find out why it starts out with 'but'...until today! Oh! Let's just start with verse 28 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youth grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 Then in the next chapter is another favorite verse: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10 This is all from the NIV Bible except for Isaiah 40:31--the verse in purple--is from the King James Bible. That's how I memorized it years ago and I just like it better. So there you have it...my Bible lesson for today! I praise you, Heavenly Father, because Your Word is truth.

3 comments:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Amen! I needed these verses today. It's 11pm and I am just getting home from work. I feel like I am running ragged lately with all the work I have. My job in those verses is to wait on the Lord.....and I trust HE will keep his promises to do His part....renewing my spirit and giving me strength to get through. Thanks, Anita. You have refreshed my heart tonight.

Kate said...

I also memorized that verse when I was young and love it the way it is. We had to do memory work at Sunday School in order to move up to the next class. I will have to tell you about my Bible Study Group that met last nite...another day...I must go to bed now.

Anonymous said...

I love those Bible verses and the picture of the eagle is lovely.
CE