Friday, June 15, 2007

That's Love

Bella is sick. Yesterday she had a fever, today it seems to be gone, however she has no energy. For a five year old to have no energy, something is wrong. Last night she gave me the greatest gift a grandchild can give to grandma. She was sleeping on the sofa so I decided I'd take her to bed in the guest room (down stairs) and I'd sleep on the sofa so I'd be near. Sydney was next door having a sleep over. Bella woke up enough to say she wanted to sleep upstairs in the loft in the bed I'd made up for her on the floor. I said okay but that she'd have to walk up the steps. I got her settled in her bed and I sat down in my big boy lounge chair. She asked if I was going to stay there. I answered yes. Then she asked if I was going to sleep there. I smiled and said yes. She said, "Are you going to sleep there all night?" I smiled and nodded yes. Then her whole face beamed and smiled as she said, "Oh, Grandma, that's because you love me!"

No comments: