Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Friend

I received a phone call telling me that my friend, Shoua, died. She had cancer and a lot of pain, so I suppose it's best but it sure hurts me. She was one of my Hmong friends. She only spoke very little English but we understood each other and there was a bond between us like no other. She lived here in our city with her daughter for many years but has been living in Minneapolis for the past several years with her son. I met her, of course, when she lived here. A few years ago I went to a convention in Minneapolis so I looked her up and we had a wonderful afternoon together. I tried to tell her about Jesus but I have no idea if she knew what I was talking about. I have prayed for her for many years and can only hope God revealed Himself to her. Lord, help me to live so close to You that others see Jesus in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that your friend died and with you I trust she came to know the Lord.