Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sunflowers

This is the field across the road from our property. It's the first time the farmer has ever planted sunflowers. There is a whole field of them  across and down from this field. They are so bright and cheery, especially around 10:00 AM. Notice the cat tails in the ditch in front of the flowers.  Jerry drove his pick-up truck out so I could stand in the back and be higher than the flowers to get this picture! There's a deep ditch between the truck and sunflowers so I really couldn't get any closer.
Lord, thank You for the beauty of Sunflowers, cat tails, milk weeds, etc.

3 comments:

Amy said...

How pretty!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

A couple of years ago I noticed that same golden color behind a house on the country road we drive home.

They were gorgeous sunflowers! Don't they make you smile?

I haven't seen them growing since that summer but I always look about this time of year... just in case.

carole said...

Love your new picture !!!!!