Saturday, August 14, 2010

Journal

It's pouring down rain, as I sit here early Saturday morning, with so many thoughts running through my mind. I've just gone through a real downer time in my life. Tough. I'm slowly climbing back up. I'm leaning on the strength of my God. He never fails.

My sciatic nerve is still giving me fits. I've tried laying for two days at a time (twice now) and it helps until I get up and start moving around again. Doctor says maybe physical therapy...

I just went through a stress test. That was interesting, with sciatic nerve pain going down my leg. I just ignored it (pain) and walked as fast as I could. A few months ago I was having dizzy spells, so this was to try and figure out the cause of them. The result? I may have to have another one, slightly different, to identify something. Don't ask me...I don't know.

Enough about me and my aches and pains...

Jerry and I have gone back to Verizon!!! Yeah! I bought new phones yesterday. I still have the same phone number. Jerry has a new number. I told the man (Ted) that I'd love to have a camera phone but I need to keep my expenses down so I'm just buying regular phones. He said, "All phones come with a camera!" So...Jerry and I both have camera phones! I can't believe it! Now to get them figured out! Actually it'll be fun...probably frustrating at times but fun!

I'm looking forward to visiting my mom and other family soon. I don't see my mom often enough. I have my ticket. I'm going the first week of September. I always travel with my laptop so we'll be in touch... It's going to be interesting sitting in a small seat, on the plane, with a sciatic nerve shooting pain down my leg. Oh, I'd better not think about that! It'll be worth whatever... to be with my mother again.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are All Knowing. You are my Healer. Forgive me for taking my eyes off of You. Help me to sing "Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His mercy and grace." Thank You for my wonderful doctor. Help us to figure out the cause of the dizzy spells, and now, relief from my sciatic nerve. I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I get shooting pains in my legs when I've been sitting too long, which is what makes long car rides difficult. But I prefer taking the car when we go to New England because at least I can stop and rest when I need to... not so much in the plane. :)

I'm surprised how much I still miss my mother even though she has been gone since the 1990s. She was 85 and had been bedridden after a fall for quite awhile so her passing was good for her but still hard for her remaining children.

Unknown said...

Checking on your blog... always enjoy reading it. Love the picture of you and Jerry of 51 yrs. and Elmise and Armon.