Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Saying Good-bye

It's time to say good-bye to our Chicago family. It's been a good weekend. Even good times come to an end. Now, as I so often do...these pictures are backwards. Please be patient with me.

Auntie Pam and Sydney saying farewell.

Pam and me drinking coffee after Annie, Kaleb, Shauna, and Gene left for the airport.
At the hotel, I woke up at about 4:00 AM, got up and down-loaded pictures on my computer. Knowing Annie and Kaleb were leaving to fly home to Sask., Canada, I decided to go down to the lobby to tell them good-bye. It was now 5:00 AM. I wasn't sure what time they were leaving but I knew it was early, so I was sure I'd be there when they left. I dressed and went down. The desk girl said no one had left yet so I was okay. She made fresh coffee for me! That was nice. It was still dark out so I watched daylight arrive as I watched for Kaleb to arrive. (Kaleb had stayed at Pam's house, Annie stayed at the hotel) Finally, after two cups of coffee and two hours, I decided to get on the lobby computer. While on, I looked at the clock...it said: 6:00! I was all mixed up. I finally realized my computer was still on Eastern time! My cell phone time changes with the time zones but not my computer! So I had gotten up at 3:00 AM Central time, went down stairs at 4:00, and waited until 6:00 AM, Central time. Soon after Shauna and Annie came downstairs and then Pam, Gene, and Kaleb arrived. What a morning for me!
Saying good-bye to Kaleb and Annie. They have to go home to Sask. Canada to work! Tim and Shauna are coming to Michigan to visit us for the week. (Kaleb's not sleeping, he just blinked!) I don't know the next time I'll see them.
Lord, thank You for the time we had with Annie and Kaleb. Thank You for jobs for them. Please keep them safe and well while their parents are here at our house.

No comments: