Friday, June 11, 2010

I did it!

One year ago this Sunday, that's in two days, we were in Chicago. It was our 50th anniversary! We had just returned from our fabulous trip to Malaysia with Pam and Gene to visit Tim and Shauna, Annie and Kaleb. The purpose of the trip was for Kaleb's high school graduation. We had flown that very day from San Fransico to Chicago. We were all tired out. But...Pam and Gene couldn't let our anniversary go by unnoticed! Gene cooked steaks on the grill for us. His mother, Gloria, had gone to the store for him while we were flying! So we had a wonderful supper. Then Pam handed us a present! As if our trip, with them taking care of us, wasn't enough! Here we are, with pleasantly surprised looks on our faces! It was an Earth Friendly Jigsaw Puzzle, imbedded with wildflower seeds! Over 3,000 aluminum cans were used to create this image...or the same amount discarded in just the United States every single second!



I waited until this spring to put it together so we could plant the pieces and have wild flowers in our yard. Well, it took me longer than I expected to put it together...it was the hardest puzzle I have ever done! But I'm not complaining...no, I love a good challenge. It was suggested I simply plant it without finishing it. Can you imagine?! I would never quit on a puzzle or any other challenge. So here it is all put together! Now I will soak it over night and plant the pieces in a flower bed we made just for it! Hopefully I'll have wild flowers to show you in a couple of months!
Lord, thank You for special days. Thank You for our children! Thank You for challenges! Thank You for wild flowers!

1 comment:

pondering something said...

Good Job Mom! Can't wait to see the wild flowers in a few months.