Saturday, June 19, 2010

New Flower Bed

We've worked really hard remaking our flower bed beside the house. It's hard for me to get good pictures. But this will give you an idea of what it now looks like. I'm only showing part of the flower bed now. Maybe later I'll get some more good shots.

I tried to get a picture of the pink impatiens I planted here. When they start spreading more it will look better.

The pink impatiens hardly show up in the sunshine. We're hoping to plant a vine in front of the wagon wheel. We have to find one that doesn't need sun since it'll be shaded most of the time. I have four cascading petunias here and there. Bernie, my St Bernard, is guarding it all.

These are pink cascading petunias. My little troll is hiding underneath. He shines his lantern at night! He was a gift from Pam a few years ago and I love him! He's been guarding the back yard but now he's agreed to guard this side!



Blue petunia's are growing in the hanging basket. We have red mulch on pathways through out the bed. You can stop and rest on the park bench if you'd like. The wreathe on the wall is not a Christmas wreathe! It has two cardinals in it and a bird nest with two eggs in it!
Thank You, Lord, for giving us good health this week to be able to work so hard in our yard. We're happy with the results of our labors and we thank You for our strength.


2 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Hehehe, I have a gnome on my front porch that my son gave me for Christmas a couple years ago. It has the University's logo and colors.

My husband could not believe I thought it cute but I do. He comes inside when the porch is prepared for winter.

LOVE what you did with everything. Looks beautiful.

pondering something said...

The new flower bed does look lovely. I love the park bench and mulch. I can't wait to see it in person.