Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Write It On Your Calendar!

We finally have decided on the date for our 50th anniversary open house. Sunday July 12 - 3:00 PM at our house. It's been hard to know when to have it...finally with the help of our church administrative assistant we were able to come up with a date. You see we're going on a trip so we have to be able to recover from jet lag and then get ready for the open house. I'll be making all kinds of good food but not a meal. I'll make a watermelon fruit basket, my colorful layered jello, BLT bites, cheese balls, and cake! Oh yes...I'll make lots...! If you're near, please stop by. Absolutely no gifts! Cards are nice. Especially your presence will be nice. So please write it on your calendar...

The trip we're going on is to Malaysia for our grandson's graduation from high school. An important time in a young man's life. So Kaleb, we'll be there!

Lord, You know about the plans we have. It's such a busy time. Help us to honor You in our celebrating. Thank you for our 50 years together.

3 comments:

carole said...

Wish we could be there.. but we will already be leading a Sower work team at Navigators in Colorado.... The food sound delicious and of course to see you two...

ruth said...

Can you send me your address to my email address...I will be in Michigan on that day and may try to make my way up to your place to actually see where you live and celebrate with you...
Ruth
marruth1992@yahoo.com

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

District Conference is July 11.....we can make the 12th as far as I know. We would LOVE to celebrate your marriage with you! With so many marriages failing these days, we commend you on your journey together and sticking it out!!! We love you both!!