Friday, May 29, 2009

Movie

I had a chance to watch Slumdog Millionaire so because my friend, Ruth, wrote about seeing it in her blog, I decided to watch it. Oh my goodness, it was about Hmong people! I had no idea. So maybe you're saying, "So what!" No way, I worked with Hmong people for several years. I love Hmong people. They even love me! The movie was exactly right in portraying them! I felt like I was right there in the movie! I'm not ashamed to say I cried. The language in it was rotten, I just ignored that part. The story itself was so good and so true to their plot in life here in the good old USA.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are the Creator and You are Love. You made the Hmong people and You love them. Please reveal Yourself to them. Help us to show Your Love to them. Thank You for bringing them into my life.

1 comment:

ruth said...

It was a very different movie...a litte scary in parts...but I had the sense all the way through that this wasn't just some made up life experience but actually how some people are forced to live. I'm clueless enough to not even know the term "Hmong" what does that mean...I could appreciate the fact that even in their very difficult situations true love and friendship still came through.
Ruth
If the language and action was shocking I apologize...I might not have given you enough warning on that...