Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oh deer!

Last Saturday as Sydney and I drove along I nearly had deer run into my car! I counted six. The first one ran across right in front of us...it was so close I can almost feel my fear even now. Five more crossed right behind us. We were only a short distance from our driveway. Yesterday late afternoon Jerry called me and we watched deer in our front yard - six of them! I have a feeling they were the same six I encountered on Saturday. We love seeing them but it's very nerve wracking to have them almost hit my car.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are the Creator. Thank You for the deer. Thank You for our privilege of having them come into our yard so we can watch them. Thank You for keeping us all safe, the deer and Sydney and me, on Saturday.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It's much more enjoyable to encounter deer when they aren't so close to the car.

Kate said...

We have been dodging deer and canada geese as well...it certainly is scary!! I understand the feeling!!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Oh, I know. I've had close encounters with deer on our roads that left me shaking.

I have never seen deer in our yard but one night when Christopher arrived home very late, he almost hit a deer in the gravel lane that is in front of our driveway.

They are beautiful (when one doesn't have to worry about them). When we lived in Western Michigan, the radio would give traffic reports and I remember one time hearing about a "motorcycle and deer" accident. Ouch!