Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I knew I Liked Regis!

"I believe the audience deserves to have me dress in a tie and suit coat," said Regis Philbin this morning. A woman wrote in and said she'd like to see him dress more casual. This was his response to her. I like to watch the Regis & Kelly Show and when Regis made this statement, I knew why I like him!
This is my argument for dressing up for church! I believe God deserves to have us dress up for worship service on Sunday mornings. It's a matter of respect for God's House. I was pleased to see several men in tie's this last Sunday.

Please, don't take me wrong...it doesn't make us more spiritual. It's simply a matter of respect.

Lord, help me to not judge folks who dress down for worship. Help me to live up to what I believe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you Anita. Let's throw Honor in there too. I was taken back on Sunday when one of our girls, a lovely gal, came on stage and sang the most beautiful song. One of my favorites, "I just seen Jesus." I loved the song, but I couldn't help be distracted by the outfit. A nice white blouse, a nicepair of black slacks and barefoot. I'm sure God doesn't care what we wear, but in my heart I think it is good to honor him as King, and royalty. I don't think anyone would show up in slacks and barefoot to meet the Queen of England or our President. Dare we do less for Jesus? Love and hugs coming your way.

younger brother, Bill said...

I absolutley agree, Anita. I started to watch the Easter service on Fox News featuring Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA. Warren did not have a suit on nor did any of the muscians. In fact the song leader wore blue jeans. Most of the men in theCongregation did not wear a suit either and many of the women work pants rather than dresses. I was not impressed. The music turned me off too and so the show went off my TV.

carole said...

You should see the FM church we attend here in the Cape!!! You would almost be out of place in a dress and Tim was the only guy I saw with a white shirt and a tie on.Easter Sunday... Did I ever tell you that a few years back I flew to NYC and met Regis and Kelly .. I was even the one in the audience who won the $500. gift... certificate for Staples..... Also got 2 coffee mugs... It was fun!!!