Monday, December 24, 2007

My Burned Fingers!

Sydney wrote a blog telling about me burning my fingers with boiling honey so I thought I'd better explain about it. Sydney is typing for me. She's eight years old! Sydney , Isabella , Haleigh and I were going to make cookies. The recipe I chose to use called for honey. Wouldn't you know it ...the honey had crystallized. I put it in the microwave oven for just a few seconds...too long! It
boiled! I got it out but pouring it into the measuring cup was my mistake! The boiling honey ran
all the way down my fingers! I ran cold water on them to get the honey washed off. That felt good! Rob and Jessica came over as fast as they could! Rob is an emergency ski patroller and Jessica is a nurse so they took over. Thanks Rob and Jessica. The cookies are on hold! Today my fingers are blistered and swollen. Jerry is taking good care of me today. He rewrapped it and gets after me when I forget and start to use my hand for something. My granddaughters are a big help to me too. I praise you, Lord, because you are my healer. Thank you for family for taking over when I'm not able to do the normal things and for their knowledge of what to do in an emergency. Thank you for Sydney and her help.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Praying for quick healing...Merry Christmas...may the peace of this season be in your hearts and remain throughout the coming year.

Shauna Archer said...

So sorry about your hand - Ouch! So glad you had qualified and compassionate help nearby. And good for Sydney for typing so well :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I did not get into your blog to find out about your burning accident and learned about it on Christmas day on the phone with you. I have been busy with other things and so I sort of forgot about your blog. I guess that will teach me to stay up on your blog from now on. Many years ago when we were living in Ft. Collins, Colorado, our son Woody who was about 18 months old and learning to walk was in the kitchen when he stood up and then lost his balance and put both hands on an oven that was baking a roast or something like that and got second & third degree burns on both hands. The stove was defective we later learned. We got a hold of our doctor and he told us what to do and of course Woody cried and cried for hours as we did everything from keeping the blisters from breaking. We did take him to the hospital and he was bandaged up and today he has no scars of that fatefull day. We will never forget it. We pray that your hands and fingers Anita, will heal without any lasting scars too.

Anonymous said...

Hi grandma I read your blog with my mom! She loved what I wrote! I hope you are fealing better. Sorry if you are not. Talk to you later.
Love, Sydney

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.