Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Visit to My Friend

Yesterday I drove down to visit my friend who is in the hospital very critically ill. Now I know that's not worded right since he's still asleep. I visited with his family. There is so much to write I hardly know where to begin. I know some of you may say, well then don't write it, but this is my journal written for me...so I want to write it up. I left here about 9:00, picked up a friend (sister-in-law of Lou) and got there about 11:30. We were immediately taken in to see Lou, even I was allowed in to see him, because they explained at the nurses station: I was very, very close to the family and to Lou. He looked so bad, he was all hooked up to every kind of tube and wire and just sleeping. All I could do was lift him up to God in prayer. There was a nice looking young man there that I didn't know. He was also allowed in the room to see Lou. After we'd been there for a few minutes, Thong (Lou's son) said the pastor was going to pray. Oh, so that's who that is and why he was also allowed in. So we all held hands and formed a semi-circle around Lou and Pastor Ger prayed. When we left his room Pastor Ger and I had a long talk, just the two of us. What a wonderful Christian man he is. I'll write more about this later. Different ones of the family were in and out of the lounge so I got to see so many of them and got hugs from them all! Kha and her husband took me down to the lounge for lunch. Kha and I are very close and that gave us a chance to visit by ourselves. Before Xeng and I left to come back home we went to see Lou again...I was so surprised at how much better he looked! He was still sleeping but his color was better and he just looked more rested! Thank you, Heavenly Father, because You are our Healer. I praise You, Father, because You are In Control. Thank you for letting me go down to visit Lou and his family and for keeping me safe as I drove. Help me to be a true witness for You. Help them to see Christ in me. Please give them a clear understanding of Who You Are. And, please, speak to Lou while he's sleeping, reveal Yourself to him.

No comments: