Monday, May 21, 2007

A New Day

Monday morning...rain...clouds...gloomy. I've had my coffee so I'm okay now. I trudged up the hill with my mom's umbrella shielding me from the rain. It's okay, rain here isn't like rain where I live! Rain here is a nice gentle fine mist. I'll only be here for a couple more days. I should write about a few days ago. I had stayed over night at Lorraine's apartment. I got up at 6:30, showered and left her place about 7:00 AM. Breakfast here begins at 7:30 so I had plenty of time. I left Lorraine sleeping. After driving through town I glanced down at the dash and noticed the gas gage almost on E. Oh no, I'd already passed all the gas stations but since this wasn't my car I didn't know how long I could drive on E. I'd have to turn around, then I remembered a gas station next to a camp ground where we stayed a few years ago. There was a road just up ahead that would take me cross country to the road that would take me to the gas station. I decided to do that. I made it to the station, pulled up to the pump, oh, the tank on this car is on the passenger side. I got back in and whipped around the pumps to the other side, got out...oh, that didn't help any, I was still on the wrong side. I pulled ahead and made a donut (slowly) and pulled back up to the pump so the passenger side was up. This was all done inbetween other cars pulling in to get their gas! I kept wondering how many people were watching me and laughing! I got out to open the tank and...oh, no, it won't open. I went back to the driver side to get my purse to go inside and ask how to open my tank when I noticed a picture of a gas pump down by the floor! Oh, I must have to pull a lever or something to unlock the tank. Sure enough! Okay, I got it. Now to get my gas. Oh no, it won't start pumping gas. What was I doing wrong? I looked for instructions...none. A man came by so I asked him what to do. He asked how I was paying and when I said "cash' he told me to go pay first. I did and got my gas...finally. I made it to the senior center and to breakfast and coffee! All this before I had even one cup of coffee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't believe you did all that before coffee. What a way to start the day. I trust it improved after that.