Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Today is a beautiful sunny day for Memorial Day. We've been invited to join some friends for a cook out. That should be fun! I've got a rhubarb pie to take. Mmmm! I know, everyone doesn't like rhubarb pie but we do and Ted does! Right now Ted and Sydney are washing his truck outside my window. I'm afraid Syd is going to be soaked! Oh well! Have a wonderful day. While I was out in Washington a friend took me to the cemetery to visit my dad's grave. It was a sad and thoughtful time for me. I didn't know we were going there so I didn't have any flowers to leave on it. I felt bad about that but it was still nice of Mary to take me. Thank you, Lord, for my wonderful Christian Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I thank God for grandpa too. For being such a good example.

Anonymous said...

Have a good cookout. I'm thankful for Christian parents, too.