Sunday, April 29, 2007

Compliment!

Yesterday I had a wonderful compliment! I was talking to Don, Jim's son, at the memorial service for Jim. Don's little girl, Keller, was there, and he was holding his three week old daughter, Quinlan. Don began introducing me to Keller, when all of a sudden he got a big smile and he said, very excitedly, "You know what, Keller, Anita is my godmother!" I smiled and said, "Yup, Keller, I'm your daddy's godmother!" I could tell Don was pleased and that meant so much to me. I haven't been a very good godmother. I didn't give him special birthday presents, etc., like most godmothers. But we have had some special times between the two of us as he was growing up and I have prayed for him. So it was special to think that he remembered this. He's a very special person! Thank you, Lord, for my children, my grandchildren, and for my godchildren!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

I love you too Grama!